Using Camera Angles

 Hey there!

    In this post I will be demonstrating examples of three different camera angles:

  • High Angle
  • Low Angle
  • Canted Angle

 

High Angle:

 


    The high angle is a form of technique used to make the subject in the shot to look vulnerable and powerless. That being said, it can also be used to show the subject being "swallowed up." I took this shot by standing not directly on top, but at a higher angle of the subject, my dog, in the shot. There was no need to go on a roof or anything extra!


 Low Angle:



    The low angle is a form of technique used to make the subject in the shot seem powerful and strong. This is the opposite of the high angle shot due to the contrasting effects given off to the subject in the shot. I took this shot by squatting lower than the subject. As well as placing the subject on top of a ledge. This way, I didn't have to completely lye down on the floor.

Canted Angle:


    The canted angle, also known as Dutch tilt, involves placing the camera at a tilt so that the vertical lines meet the side corners of the pictures. Whereas the horizontal lines are not parallel to the bottom of the picture, but it meets with the opposite side of the corner of the pictures. The way I took this picture was by titling my phone to the right.

Comments